Sometimes the Internet can seem a bit impersonal and while I have my official “Christopher P. N. Maselli, Children’s Author” bio online, some people (you know who you are!) would like me to get even more “real” on my website. So here goes. Here are 5 things you didn’t know about Chris Maselli:
5. I L-O-V-E fast food. I know that’s horrible. I know I shouldn’t. But sometimes McDonald’s just calls. It’s a comfort food, I guess, and I try to eat fast food in moderation. It’s just a good thing I married someone who keeps me balanced, or I would be tempted to pick up a Quarter Pounder (no onions), super-sized with fries and a large Coke all too often. On the other side of the coin, 50% of the current novel I’m shopping was written in a quiet booth at Mickey D’s. So it’s not all that bad for you…right?
4. My close friends call me The Dealmeister. I’m a super shopper who can’t stand to pay retail for anything. I frequently combine sales with coupons with free shipping with ebaying old things and garage sale-ing, and I come out way ahead. That’s how I recently got a $600 computerized telescope for $20, a TiVo HD for $5 and I try to never pay more than $1 for brand-name cereal.
3. My favorite movie of all-time is It’s a Wonderful Life. Over the years, I’ve collected It’s a Wonderful Life memorabilia and have ended up with stacks of books, autographs from most the principle cast and couple light-up Bedford Falls towns. That said, my favorite modern movies are Back to the Future, The Matrix, Spanglish, and Smokey and the Bandit. I’m sorry.
2. I don’t watch much TV. There’s just not much that compels me since I don’t like the CSI-style dramas, and television is drowning in them. When I do watch, I enjoy Survivor, The Amazing Race and The Office. My favorite TV of all-time is Arrested Development. It could get a bit edgy sometimes, but the writing was through the roof.
1. My dream car is a 1977 Pontiac Trans-am: SE. That’s right, the one from Smokey and the Bandit (See #3). And, yes, that’s the only reason. Because I don’t know a thing about cars, nor do I care. But that car is drool-worthy. I hope to get one some day and drive it while playing an 8-track of Jerry Reed singing, “East-bound and Down.”
So there you go. Hope you don’t think I’m a total loser now. 😛 Curious about anything else? Ask me in the comments below.