This video in Dave Ramsey’s “Momentum Theorem” series focuses on how our efforts are multiplied by God (infinitely) when we’re intensely focused over time on doing what He’s called us to do. There are certainly things that are out of an author and writer’s hands. After we finish our story, we leave it in God’s hands to spark a love for our work in an editor or agent as well as readers. We leave it to God to take our humble work and get it into the hands of readers all around the world. These are things we can’t do ourselves. But when we leave it to Him, the formula comes together and creates unstoppable momentum.
Video 4 of 4:[youtube id=”aK3UQs3gC-M”]
See the rest of the videos in the future posts of this series (links above)!
Notes from myself and others who have heard this teaching around the web:
MULTIPLIED BY GOD
- Momentum doesn’t happen without God. We can’t create momentum on our own. We can try; but we will fail. We need God if we are going to accomplish anything of lasting significance. We must plug into Him as our power source. God steps in as we step out.
- If you are quickly successful be very, very scared because you may not have the proper foundation.
- When you multiply your focused intensity over time by God then God gives you the energy and ability needed to win. Get plugged into God as your power source and your momentum will become unstoppable.
- You and I are finite. God is infinite. He is standing with you at the starting line, with you in the middle of the race, at the finish line as you cross, and with you five years before you start–all at the same time. Because He’s God.
- The Lord’s work in your life compounds results.
- “Find out what God is doing and get in on it.” – Henry Blackaby
- Scripture: “What is impossible with men is possible with God.” (Luke [18:27], NIV)
CREATES UNSTOPPABLE MOMENTUM
- Momentum is unstoppable. In 1941, Winston Churchill was invited to give an address at Harrow School, his alma mater. In that brief speech, he said, “Never give in—never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”
- Get plugged in to Him as a power source, and your momentum will become unstoppable!
- There is a process and you must follow it. Grow it slow, grow it right.