Matt, Lamar, Gill, and Alfonzo have been there for each other through thick and thin. But things are about to change.
Matt risks his reputation to ask a girl to the youth group banquet only to discover later that his friends have backed out and he’s going alone with Isabel.
Matt takes out his frustrations on Gill and tension heightens and anger rises until a surprise visitor makes Matt realize that he and his friends will never make it through their predicaments alone—but together they can make it through anything.
About the Series
The Amazing Laptop series is full of hilarity, action, adventure and mystery. With technology, sports and humor as key elements throughout, it’s specifically written to engage boys. But girls love it, too! And with a strong Christian message about growing in Christ, parents appreciate every one.
- Power Play
The Amazing Laptop #4
- Author: Christopher P.N. Maselli
- Publisher: Zonderkidz
- Series: The Amazing Laptop
- Categories: Middle Grade (Ages 8-14), Christian
“This is my favorite Laptop novel yet, I guess because I’m a romantic at heart. Anytime I can get Matt and Isabel to interact, the dialogue feels golden.” – Chris
- Matt and Isabel’s banquet is a lot like my first Youth Group Winter banquet when I was Matt’s age. Except I didn’t keep running out of the room.
- The McFly speech from Matt’s dad is in homage to one of my favorite movies.
- Chapter five was originally partly a scene in my first draft of Reality Shift–when Veronica was the main character, opposite Matt. But when I put in Lamar, Gill and Alfonzo, I pulled the scene and saved it for later this book, when Matt and Isabel sit down.
- “Snowy Joe’s” is a tip to my favorite ice cream parlor in Texas: Milwaukee Joe’s.
- For the keen reader, there are more clues about the laptop here–especially in the speech from the person who visits Matt…