When Matt tries out for the wrestling team, he suddenly finds himself between a Hulk and a hard place!
On one hand, he’s been grounded from using his laptop…on the other hand, his laptop is the only thing that might be able to save his life!
Now Matt, Lamar, Gill and Alfonzo must make some quick decisions-some hard decisions-about what they believe…and what they won’t believe.
This seventh book in The Amazing Laptop series combines hilarious adventure and suspense, as Matt discovers that wrestling with fear is overcome by revealing the truth.
About the Series
The Amazing Laptop series is full of hilarity, action, adventure and mystery. With technology, sports and humor as key elements throughout, it’s specifically written to engage boys. But girls love it, too! And with a strong Christian message about growing in Christ, parents appreciate every one.
- Choke Hold
The Amazing Laptop #7
- Author: Christopher P.N. Maselli
- Publisher: Zonderkidz
- Series: The Amazing Laptop
- Categories: Middle Grade (Ages 8-14), Christian
“Have you ever been so utterly scared of something that you’ll do just about anything to get out of it…and then later discover it wasn’t that bad after all? I have. And that’s what Matt discovers in this book which my editor said was her favorite.” – Chris
- My favorite scene in this book is when Matt sees Sam for the first time, face to face.
- I’ve actually never wrestled, so I had to do a lot of research for this one, including interviewing some high school wrestlers. I even had a friend who writes a column for the WWE double-check my “slamming” scenes with Hulk.
- I love Isabel’s scriptures in this book about overcoming fear. Anytime you face something scary, just repeat them and remind yourself that you don’t have to fear!